Saturday, December 31, 2011

Religion should be abolished? - Religion « Satyagraha

Religion should be abolished? - Religion « Satyagraha

Religion -  December 31, 2011

Religion can be a very beneficial thing to people. In fact for some people, it is all they have to be happy. However, although I am not anti-religion, I dislike when books like the Bible are interpreted strictly. This can lead to hatred, especially towards gays.

The Bible is a set of stories into to guide believers in the right direction. Although I am not religious, the Ten Commandments are moral guidelines I follow anyways. They are beneficial to many, but there is a line to be drawn.

Those who do not tolerate others with differences, because of the Bible, have over interpreted the book. I especially do not like the fact some say homosexuality is an abomination. How does one decide what is to be interpreted word for word and what isn’t?
Religion has caused physical conflict as well. World War 2 caused the deaths of thousands of Jews and why? Because they were different. Disgusting. Especially since one of them was my great grandfather.

So do I think religion should be abolished? No. Do I think it can harm society? Possibly.
I am sorry if I have offended anyone, but I rest my case. "

No comments:

Post a Comment